- This event has passed.
For the 3rd time, DSEA welcomes all Smashers for a long day of SSB:Melee. The venue will be open as early as 11.00h, so enough time drop by for some warm-up friendlies! For non-tournament players, feel free to bring your friends and play some good-ol’ fashioned Smash! The tournament games will have priority over friendlies. The least busy hours would be 11.00-13.00h, 17-22h.
Details and signup:
- 128 man cap
- Singles round robin pool
- Doubles bracket
- Amateur bracket
- 12 tvs and 6 setups in-house already
- Bracket on big tv
- Spectator benches
- Live stream provided by BYOC
– 5e entry
– 5e pizza (optional)
- 4 Stock.
- 8 minute timer.
- Items are set to “off”.
- In singles we strive to play out top 8 under best of 5 settings. If time permits, the TO will extend this to top 12. In teams at least top 3 will be played out under best of 5 settings. If time permits, the TO will extend this to top 5.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- In the event of a dispute in team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the remaining port.
- Pausing should be turned off. In the event pause is on and is pressed during a tournament match, whether by accident or on purpose, the opponent can demand that the perpetrating player forfeit their stock.
- No player may choose any stage they won on in the set, unless agreed upon by both players.
- Wobbling is legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states the move is to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached. If you accidentally hit pause while trying to mash out, you have to forfeit your stock.
- You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while techniques such as Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound and Peach’s Bomber Stalling are, as well as wobbling beyond 300%.
- No coaching request: If your opponent is being coached, you can request this not to happen and that should be honored. Note that this applies to coaching during matches and not inbetween.
Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
- Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
- Opponents start the stage striking procedure
- The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
- The winner of the previous match is allowed to ban a stage (this does not apply to doubles and best of 5 sets)
- The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 1 minute
- The winner of the previous match chooses their character, taking no more than 1 minute
- The loser of the previous match chooses their character, taking no more than 1 minute
- Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
- Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
- If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
Additional Rules for Doubles Play
- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Set team attack to ON.
Gentleman’s clause: If both players come to an agreement, stages may be chosen that aren’t otherwise legal.
Standard stage list:
– Fountain of Dreams (Stadium takes its place in doubles)
– Yoshi’s Story
– Final Destination
– Pokémon Stadium