- This event has passed.
The Counterpick series were initiated by the BYOC team, they wanted a place for the people around Utrecht to practice on a regular basis. The series are held every two weeks. The main focus of the series are experimenting and practice; Counterpick is a place for player, commentator and streamer who want to get better. If you are curious about attending keep an eye on our tournament page; See you around at the Awesomespace!
Registration is now closed
- 2 Stock.
- 6 minute timer.
- Items are set to “off”.
- All sets are best of 3 matches except top 6 is best of 5 (This is still in debate)
- You are responsible for your own controls and name tag. Always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controls, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- If you use a controller that is not the standard wired GameCube controller, make sure you do not remain synced to a system and interfere with following matches. It is recommended to remove batteries from Wiimotes. Note that you are likely to be reprimanded if your controller of choice hinders the tournament.
- Custom moves are banned.
- All equipment is banned.
- Miis are legal with their default properties and 1111 moveset only.
- All DLC is legal.
- Pausing should be turned off. In the event pause is on and is pressed during a tournament match, whether by accident or on purpose, the opponent can demand that the perpetrating player forfeit their stock. If a player accidentally presses start and his opponent loses a stock as the result, he forfeits 2 Stocks instead. In case of a disagreement a tournament official is to be called.
- All infinites are legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states all infinites are to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects. The Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch is an exception to this rule.
- Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch: The glitch is recognizable by teleports and changes in animations and hitboxes on Bowser Jr.’s end. If it happens, players are to restart the match and get as close as possible to the same stocks and percentage as they had when it happened.
- Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
- No coaching request: If your opponent is being coached, you can request this not to happen and that should be honored. Note that this applies to coaching during matches and not inbetween.
Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
- Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
- Opponents start the stage striking procedure
- The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
- The winner of the previous match is allowed to ban 2 stages (Only 1 in doubles and best of 5 sets)
- No Dave’s stupid rule
- The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes
- The winner of the previous match chooses their character, taking no more than 2 minutes
- The loser of the previous match chooses their character, taking no more than 2 minutes
- Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
- Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
- If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
- When a suicide move ends the match (such as Bowser’s Koopa Klaw or Ganondorf’s Flying Slam), the game’s verdict should always be honored. This means that if the game goes to Sudden Death rather than a victory screen, it is a tie and the 1-stock rematch will have to be played.
- Final Destination*
- Town and City
- Lylat Cruise
- Dreamland 64
- Duck hunt
*When counterpicking to Final Destination, the player may also select any Omega stage. The omega of choice must be specified before character selection. When banning Final Destination, Omega’s are treated as the same stage.
- BYOC |Binkie
- Wreck-it Mundo
- El Jefe
- 1 Million tigers
- Monkey D
- Mad Ice King
- Young Eevee
- Takumi (Skippo)